Tuesday, May 19, 2009



My best friend Libby and I talk every day about having kids, husbands, dogs, family, work, head lice, female issues......you get the picture! If you don't laugh at things in life, you will be institutionalized. The picture to the left is how my son likes to clean up the dog's poo in the yard; full camo, gas mask, helmet....the whole nine yards. I didn't realize it was necessary to use universal precaution when cleaning up after the family pet but hey, who am I to judge!?! There are so many things we think we should write down just to laugh at it during life and later, but who has time!? Now we do! I have four beautiful children who range in ages of 17 and graduating from high school this year, a 13 year old thespian (stage left), a 7 year old drama queen and a 2 year old who I am sure is going to play football professionally and I have the bruises to prove it. Two of my four kids have ADHD (click link for resources) , and that is challenging enough. Three of the four have asthma,and one has immune deficiency. I am pretty sure I am going to start bubble wrapping them at the start each school year. My husband is the 5-0. I'm a police/fire dispatcher. The stories I could tell about some calls.......being lucky enough to talk to the "king of all perverts" (check Fox News for that one).....having a guy fall off the heroin wagon and drive down to Detroit to trade his car for drugs, get high, decide he wants to keep his car and gets the bonus of a free drug dealer in the back seat of his car that drives home with him because they have a "business deal". And you want me to send you the police for what..........

No comments:

Post a Comment